Pilot of small aircraft rescued from the North Sea off England
John Dundas
2006-09-19 22:57:09 UTC
LONDON A British Royal Air Force helicopter rescued the pilot of a
Cessna plane that ran out of fuel and crashed and sank in the North
Sea on Tuesday afternoon, officials said.

The light aircraft, believed to be flying to England from Germany,
crashed about 6 miles (10 kilometers) off eastern England, near the
towns of Felixstowe and Lowestoft, officials said

http://makeashorterlink.com/?G2E751DCD
John Dundas
This guy was very lucky indeed.
Doug Maclean
2006-09-19 23:01:53 UTC
LONDON A British Royal Air Force helicopter rescued the pilot of a Cessna
plane that ran out of fuel and crashed and sank in the North Sea on
Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
The light aircraft, believed to be flying to England from Germany, crashed
about 6 miles (10 kilometers) off eastern England, near the towns of
Felixstowe and Lowestoft, officials said
http://makeashorterlink.com/?G2E751DCD
Typical parochial American reporting. Who are the "British" Royal air force
?

Only an American newspapaer would use the British Broadcating Corp and very
probably use the abbreviation CNN for a lesser known, decades junior news
organisation
John Dundas
2006-09-19 23:09:44 UTC
Post by Doug Maclean
Post by John Dundas
LONDON A British Royal Air Force helicopter rescued the pilot of a
Cessna plane that ran out of fuel and crashed and sank in the North
Sea on Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
The light aircraft, believed to be flying to England from Germany,
crashed about 6 miles (10 kilometers) off eastern England, near the
towns of Felixstowe and Lowestoft, officials said
http://makeashorterlink.com/?G2E751DCD
Typical parochial American reporting. Who are the "British" Royal
air force ?
Only an American newspapaer would use the British Broadcating Corp
and very probably use the abbreviation CNN for a lesser known,
decades junior news organisation
Hi Doug

I did have a chuckle at the "BRAF" part. The Americans have always
been that way with regards our armed forces. I also laughed it off
when working with them as it was always the "British Navy" not the
"Royal Navy" but then again we did at one port of call in the USA
manage to stick up 100s (if not 1000s) of ROYAL NAVY stickers all
round the US Naval Base. Nothing was safe at all. Someone did ask the
crews to stop it but that fell on deaf ears and just made it worse.

Oh the joys, then again someone did come up with a points scoring
table for where the stickers ended up and I must admit. I think by the
time we left the USA knew who the Royal Navy were, thats for sure.

As for the BBC, well you do see it mentioned in other places as well.
John Dundas
2006-09-19 23:13:12 UTC
Plane crashes into sea

A PILOT has been rescued off the Suffolk coast after his plane crashed
into the sea.

The crash happened about five miles off the coast near Aldeburgh at
around 1.30pm on Tuesday afternoon.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A67815DCD